Ms. Tiffany Ho-Ching
Work Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Ms. Isabel Castellon
Work Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
WELCOME TO FRANKLIN'S PARENT RESOURCE CENTER
This is the informational webpage for Franklin Parents.
Classes, Volunteering, Parent Meetings, School Events, Community Events, ELAC, SSC, CAAP, News and Community Resources are available here.
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL
The School Site Council is comprised of representatives from the following groups: school administration, teachers, staff, parents, and students.
- Obtain recommendations for, and review the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement or WASC Self Study from all school advisory committees.
- Develop and approve the plan and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Recommend the plan and expenditures to the Cabrillo principal and LBUSD governing board for approval
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the plan with the principals, teachers and other school staff members.
- Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
- Submit the modified plan for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
- Annually, (and at each semester), evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students.
The term for School Site Council Membership is 2 school years.
Meetings are held approximately 6 times a year.
ENGLISH LEARNER ADVISORY COMMITTEE (ELAC)
COMITÉ ASESOR DE LOS ESTUDIANTES QUE ESTÁN APRENDIENDO INGLÉS (ELAC- según sus siglas en Inglés)
The major function of ELAC is to advise and make recommendations in writing to the principal and the School Site Council (SSC) on the development, implementation and evaluation of the school’s Single Plan for Student Achievement and programs and services for English Learners.
La función principal de ELAC es asesorar y hacer recomendaciones por escrito a la directora y el Consejo de Sitio Escolar(SSC) sobre el desarrollo, implementación y evaluación del plan de logros y programas y servicios para estudiantes de la escuela que están aprendiendo Inglés.
SSC Meeting Dates:
ELAC Meeting Dates:
The LBUSD Board of Education recognizes that parents from throughout our ethnically diverse population serve as an invaluable resource in the process of educating children. The Board believes that a child’s education is a responsibility shared by family and school. The Board, and LBUSD, through Parent University, is committed to providing parent involvement activities that help strengthen the home-school partnership by:
- Providing opportunities to help parents strengthen their parenting, literacy, and English language skills to foster conditions at home that affect children’s efforts in learning.
- Providing parents with the knowledge and strategies to assist their children in learning at home, in the community, and at school.
- Supporting the efforts of parents to work with their children to understand and attain the Common Core standards.
- Encouraging and facilitating parental interest and involvement at school organizations and activities. Also identifying and involving parents in instructional and support roles.
- Encouraging parents to assume school and district leadership roles in governance, advisory, and advocacy decision-making processes.
- Helping parents acquire needed services through identified school district and community resources.
- Training parents, teachers, and principals to build a partnership between the home and school thereby increasing effective communication.
- Consulting with parents on a regular basis concerning the manner in which stakeholders can collaborate to build and refine school programs that ensure academic progress.
- Informing parents about the performance of their child’s school, and of the options they have to ensure the appropriate placement of their student.
- Informing parents of participating children of the (a) reasons their children are participating in the program and (b) specific instructional objectives and methods of programs.